Anderson Hall, Gainesville, FL
Anderson Hall is historically significant in the development of the University .of Florida as a center of state-supported higher learning. Although the structure’s original designation, Language Hall, carries with it the connotation of a classroom building, Anderson was designed and constructed as a multiple purpose building. Its completion in 1913 fulfilled the University’s needs for teaching and office space for the English, language, history and mathematics departments and served as an administrative office area for the President, the Registrar, and the Graduate School. Anderson Hall also provided needed space for student extracurricular activities and housed the University’s early literary and debating societies.
Anderson Hall is a National Register of Historic Places.
TAGS: All,All,20th Century