Baird Hardware Company Warehouse
619 S. Main Street, Gainesville, FL
The Baird Hardware Company was a major commercial enterprise in the Gainesville area for ninety years. Established in 1891 as E. Baird and Company, the firm employed, at its peak in the 1950s, over 100 people, stocked over 35,000 items, and grossed over $4 million per year through retail sales and wholesale distribution throughout North Central Florida. Its fortunes declined thereafter, and the company was liquidated in 1980.
Also known as Baird Center, the Baird Hardware Company Warehouse is a National Register of Historic Places.