Old WRUF Radio Station
Museum Road and Newell Drive, Gainesville, FL
The Old WRUF Radio Station (now the University Police Station) is a one and a half story, brick frame, Tudor Revival building, with a steep-hipped, cross-gabled roof. Designed in 1928 by Rudolph Weaver, the structure has remained essentially unchanged, and is a worthy example of the Tudor Revival style. It is significant through its association with both the radio industry and the field of higher education. Additionally, it is the only building of its style on the University of Florida Campus.
The Old WRUF Radio Station is a National Register of Historic Places.
TAGS: All,All,20th Century