Weil Hall, Gainesville, FL
Also known as Weil Hall,The Engineering Industries Building was built in the Collegiate Gothic style in several phases between 1947 and 1951 on the corner of Stadium Road and North-South Drive (now Gale Lemerand Drive) on the University of Florida campus. It is significant at the local and statewide levels in the area of Architecture for its architectural style and in the area of Education for its contribution to engineering education and research at Florida’s largest and oldest university. It was designed by Guy Fulton to serve the expanding needs of the College of Engineering and was renamed in 1970 for Dr. Joseph Weil, dean of the college from 1937 to 1963.
The Engineering Industries Building / Weil Hall is a National Register of Historic Places.